Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Twine Egg Banner

Happy Easter!  I am in love with my colorful Easter Banner I made this year.  Yes, it's the dreaded twine (I used embroidery floss) over balloons.  Sounds fun and messy right!  Well, gather your favorite colored twine, { I couldn't find twine in the right colors, so I used embroidery floss.} water balloons and some glue.

Step 1:  Blow up several water balloons.  {This can be tricky and make your mind a little fuzzy, but I promise if you endure it will be worth it}.  Don't mind my drop cloth  :-)

Step 2:  Tape down the part of the balloon that you blow in.  Not sure what its real name is. Let's call it the "neck".

Step 3: Mix together equal parts white glue and water.  First I dumped the floss into a cup of the glue/water solution. Umm...  don't do this.  All I got was a huge tangled mess of embroidery floss.  So instead I used a plate of the solution and zig zagged the floss through it so I could wrap a whole bunch at once.  Wrap the balloons in a random pattern with your soaked twine or floss.

Step 4:  Let them dry {I let mine dry for several days until the balloons started shrinking.}  Pop the balloons and then remove using tiny scissors and tweezers.  These are my fabulous eggs with the wrinkled up, popped balloons still inside.  Pretty right?

FINAL STEP:  String them onto any type of twine, ribbon etc. or just put them in a pretty dish for Easter.

Hope this gets you inspired to create something special for your house for Easter too!  Happy Easter!

If you like this post, pin it, share it on Facebook and FOLLOW MY BLOG!  Below are some pin-able size pics.  {Have you noticed that you can't pin big pics anymore?}



 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I love these! Can't wait to try them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Starr! They are fun and different! Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Free Blog Template by June Lily