Tuesday, February 21, 2012

St Patty's Day Inspired Wreath

Oh my GOSH, do I love this wreath?!?!?  Yup, I most certainly do!

I took my Valentine's wreath and turned it into this.  Although it's not overtly St Patrick's Day colors, it was inspired by the holiday.  I have a feeling it will make it's way back to my front door in May/June after my Spring one comes down.  I really does look "every day".  All I did was remove the Valentine pom poms and add some adorable ribbon flowers {on clips to remove easily later}.

To make the ribbon clips you'll need:

  • ribbon {I used 3 coordinating colors}

  • hot glue gun

  • scissors

  • alligator clips

  • wood pieces



  1. Cut the ribbons into whatever shape you like.  Singe the edges.

  2. Once you have about 8ish ribbon pieces start by turning them over {colored side down} and hot gluing the ribbon back 1/2 way.

  3. Turn over to see the colored side, hot glue in the middle and pinch together.

  4. Glue the individual pieces together into a flower shape.

  5. Hot glue ribbon to cover each wood piece.

  6. Hot glue the wood pieces covered in ribbon over the middle of each flower.

  7. Glue alligator clips onto the back.


I can't enough of this wreath!  Now to train myself to enter the house through the front door instead of the garage so I can see it more often! :-)

Linked up at:


Somewhat SimpleSkip to my Lou


Oopsey Daisy

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I love how you did the ribbon flowers!

    I am working on a picture frame wreath that will be posted on my blog next week. I would love for you to follow me and check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your flowers are SO cute! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Free Blog Template by June Lily