Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sock Snowmen

Isn't this the cutest little snowman ever?  It's super easy and fun to do with kids.

I love the way he adds winter cheer to the room.

Supplies:

  • sock {I use girls size small}

  • rice

  • large pom pom

  • rubber bands

  • felt

  • google eyes

  • ribbon

  • buttons



  1. Fill the bottom of the sock with some rice and rubber band tightly. {I actually fill bottom section 1/2 with rice for stability and the rest with poly fill.  It's cheaper, and who doesn't want to save a buck here or there?}

  2. Fill another section of the sock with poly fill or rice and once again rubber band tightly.

  3. Fold over the top of the sock to create the "hat".

  4. Glue on pom pom, eyes, felt nose and buttons.  Tie on ribbon/felt/yarn around "neck".


POOF!  You have yourself the most adorable snowman ever.  This is a great project for kids and note that I would recommend using Tacky Glue since it works the best on this project.  Enjoy and happy crafting!

I have to say that the first person I ever saw using this was one of my favorite teachers at College View in Huntington Beach.  Love ya Ms. Skeber!

Linked up at


Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Free Blog Template by June Lily