Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Valentine Treat Bags

I usually use paper lunch bags to decorate and collect Valentine cards in my preschool class.  This year I wanted to do something different.  I made these cute treat bags using felt and my sewing machine.

Super simple, super cute.  I love them, don't you?

Here's how I did it...

  1.  Cut a felt rectangle approx 10x20 inches.  Then cut 2 handles that are 1 inch wide by 12 inches long.  Exactness doesn't really matter.  In fact I didn't measure or pin ANYTHING on this project.

  2. Sew the handles onto the rectangle.

  3. Put the "right" sides together {I wanted the sewed on handles to show on my finished bag so I put those together} and sew up each side.

  4. Turn the bag inside out and voila!  It's done, now for decorating.

  5. I used white paint on the kids hands to make their handprints into a heart shape.

  6. Once the white paint dried I used a paint pen to add their names to the bags.


Just adorable, don't you think?  Yes, I'm crazy enough to make 27 bags.  I made bags for my own 2 kids too, but added a little more fabric and ric-rac to their bags.  They can't wait to take their Valentines to school in the bags & I can't wait to see my preschool kiddos collect their Valentines in their bags.

Linked up at:

Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Free Blog Template by June Lily